OFF THE BEATEN TRACK WINE TOUR
Nature & Traditions
- A getaway to the mild landscapes of Sredna Gora mountain;
- Visit to the charming town and architectural reserve Koprivshtica;
- Tasting of Rumelia wines in an old authentic house in Panagyurishte and a tour to the Thracian Gold Treasure;
Pick up from the hotel is at 9:00h, and we head eastward!
We travel directly to Koprivshtitsa, a picturesque small town in the skirts of Sredna gora Mts. It looks calm and peaceful today but 140 years ago it was not so. In 1876 here broke out one of the largest uprisings against the Ottoman occupation. The town nowadays is an architectural reserve. You would enjoy exploring the tiny cobble streets and house-museums. Our next destination, less than 40 km away, is another historical town: Panagyurishte, mostly known for the magnificent Thracian Gold Treasure (IV-III century BC) kept in the city museum.
It’s time for lunch and – beyond doubt – for an excellent wine! The local wine producer which we will become aware of is called Rumelia. Though not belonging to the most decorated cellars in Bulgaria, their wines are real gems! For example: two golden medals at Mundus Vini 2013 (Merul series, 2011); golden and silver medals at Mondiales Sélection des Vins (Canada), silver medal at Vinalies Paris International… We will savour some of the best Rumelia wines accompanied by Bulgarian homemade food, in an authentic XIXth century house (Dzhudzheva Kashta, certified by The Bulgarian Association for Alternative Tourism as a Green Lodge®). At the end of the day we may hike in the gentle mountain hills or relax in the Kamengrad Spa centre.
We expect to be back at the hotel by 18:30h.
- Period: Any time of the year, any day of the week
- Route highlights: Sofia – Koprivshtitsa – Panagyurishte – Rumelia Winery /Dzhudzeva Kashta – Sofia
- Transport: transfers by private car
- Minimal number of the guests: No
- Guide: English speaking tour guide and wine expert
- Price: EUR 89,-* (incl. lunch and wine tasting)
Ask us for a customized trip according to your wishes. We are flexible and would be happy to organise a tailor-made wine trip, just for you!
* Price is per person and is valid for a group of 4 people.
** There is an option to visit another exciting winery in the Thracian Lowland – the wine region has been ranked on second place among the “10 Best Wine Destinations of 2017” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine!